Saturday, January 3, 2015

Dismantling Evan ~ Review


Dismantling Evan by Venessa Kimball
Publication Date: January 13, 2015

Life is unstable...
…What will be the trigger to dismantle it?

When high school senior Evangeline "Evan" Phillips moves half way across the country with her parents to a quaint town in Texas, it should be a chance to start over.
It should be.
Typical of Evan, she doesn’t share her parents’ optimism. Always the loner, she is prepared to hide behind work at the school newspaper until graduation. That is the seemingly bulletproof plan until she meets her new neighbors, Gavin and Brody Ferguson.
The more Evan gets to know her neighbors, their band of friends, and frenemies, the more unsettling her new high school and community gets in Braxton Springs, Texas.
As Evan unwittingly digs deeper into the lives of those around her, her own skeletons begin to surface leaving her vulnerable and scrambling to keep her own sanity and reputation. Will Evan be able to get control over her spiraling secrets while discovering friendship and love for the first time?
Or will the issues and pressures of life as a band of not-so-average teens in a very typical high school become too much, resulting in the tragic dismantlement of an entire community and Evan herself?
Dismantling Evan is a fresh and edgy work of literary fiction that snapshots how life as a teen in modern society can be unstable and the social issues and pressures revolving around them can tip the fleeting stability of society over the edge.
 


This story was so UGHHH Sooooo much emotion & definitely a controversial topic!!! I am still struggling to put it into words that don't sound like gibberish! I was literally sucked right in. It was sad & made me feel like I needed to protect them or speak up for them, it was beautiful & refused to let me stop the journey, I found myself begging for them to find help, & just when I thought it was going to pull me down & make me sadder it shocked me over & over again. I felt the characters calling to me, begging for my attention. Their individual stories proving how amazingly strong they truly were. And through my tears that I could not hold back I found the smiles that Kimball skillfully put on my face. Thank You for this story!
I plan on having my kids read this as well (eventually). And I am sooooo happy about the ending!!!!!








Join the Release Party

Check out Venessa's playlist for Dismantling Evan






Venessa Kimball
Having always been passionate about the written word, Venessa Kimball embarked on writing what would become her debut novel, Piercing the Fold: Book 1; a young adult/ adult crossover, paranormal, science fiction, dystopian series. July 2, 2012, Venessa Kimball independently published the first book in the Piercing the Fold series. Book 2, Surfacing the Rim, released March 14, 2013. 
In August of 2013, Venessa joined the publishing house, Crushing Hearts and Black Butterfly. The Piercing the Fold series has been re-published with CHBB beginning with Piercing the Fold: Book 1 on September 3, 2013. Surfacing the Rim: Book 2 re-published on September 24, 2013 and Ascending the Veil: Book 3 released November 2013. The fourth book in the series, Transcending the Legacy: Book 4 released May 13, 2014
Kimball's compelling teen contemporary fiction novel, Dismantling Evan, releases January 13, 2015
As for the future, Venessa is already filling her Work-In-Progress folder. When Venessa is not writing, she is keeping active with her husband and three children, chauffeuring said children to extracurricular activities, catching a movie with her hubby, and staying up way too late reading.


No comments:

Post a Comment