Saturday, February 22, 2014

Sirocco ~ Review

Sirocco (Forest Magic, #2) by Diane M. Haynes
 
Blurb:
While on a Christmas visit to Bidwell, MA, sixteen year old Haley Miller sees a disturbing vision in her new crystal ball. With her sister Lacey and Lacey’s boyfriend, Taylor, she concocts a daring and dangerous plan to change the bleak fate of their elderly mentor, Gisele Westerfield.

Entering Gisele’s snow-filled enchanted forest, the teens attempt to locate the legendary Sirocco, an ancient creature reputedly able to cure all ills--unaware that the price for its service is far too high.

Their ill-conceived adventure promises excitement, danger, monsters and perhaps the scariest moment of all--Gisele’s fiery reaction to what they’ve done.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16280630-sirocco

 Get your copy on Amazon!

My Review:
5 Stars
I began reading this somehow bypassing the fact that it is a novella & 2nd in the series. I obviously had questions going into this story, but that was of my own doing since I skipped book one. That being said I enjoyed the story, characters, & look forward to reading more by this author. Sirocco involves teen witches, their mentor, family, & a magical creature summoned. A learning experience in it's own right, the young witches unaware that they would be dealing with others much scarier who would hitch a ride to their plane once the portal was opened. Resulting in an action packed short paranormal adventure that I devoured in an hour & a half.

~ Diane M. Haynes ~
 On my brother's birthday, seven months after his passing, I awakened from a dream of three kids seated within a fairy ring, pastel orbs circling their heads. When a fairy landed on a girl's cheek, I was enchanted and wrote a twelve page short story. A few days later, I decided to expand the story and eventually, RIFT HEALER was born.
I believed this book to be a 'Spirit Gift' from my brother and dedicated it to him.

Stalker Links:
Facebook ~ Amazon ~ Goodreads ~ Twitter @DianeMHaynes

No comments:

Post a Comment