Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Pulse Genesis ~ Review

Pulse Genesis ~ Book 3
The Pulse Myths
by AJ Sweeny
Blurb:
 EXCITING CONCLUSION TO THE PULSE MYTHS!
Pulse Genesis is the gripping conclusion to A. Jacob Sweeny's award winning trilogy The Pulse Myths.(less)

When a gorgeous immortal such as Elliot De Costa asks for a woman's hand in marriage, she never denies him. Michelle is ecstatic over the idea of being Mrs. De Costa, and the couple can't wait to put their troubled pasts behind them and begin their new life together, starting with their honeymoon.

But when a blood-soaked soap in the shape of a heart shows up as one of their wedding gifts, Michelle doesn't know whether it's just an immature prank, or something more serious. With no name attached to the gift, Michelle is determined to find out where it came from and the meaning behind it. Not knowing whom else to turn to, Michelle appeals to Elliot's ethereal twin sister for help, and a new dark and sinister mystery begins to unfold.

With Hadeno's daughter back in the picture, and with Jessica around, the past is never that far behind. It seems that an unexpected family reunion is destined to take place whether the newlyweds are ready or not. Join Michelle, Elliot, and the rest of the Hekademos crew in this astonishing, spellbinding, and illuminating tale of revelations that will push their world and everyone they know and love to their utmost limits, both physically and emotionally.

Add it to
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18076309-pulse-genesis
 
Get your copy of Pulse Genesis HERE!

Check out this Of Blood And Pulse Trailer:
My Review:
5 Stars
Team Elliot Forever! :D December 31, 2013 
 Aaaaaaargh.....It's so difficult to express how AWESOME this book is in words without giving away spoilers. Just know that it IS! Yep it's that good!!
This series has been one of my absolute favorites out of all the books that I have read. These characters & this story are forever a part of me. I highly recommend it to all of my paranormal, romance, & history lovers!!!
I have now read all of the Pulse series including the novellas of the guys past lives, & I can honestly tell you I am sad that there is not another one for me to download right this moment to continue on. After reading them in ebook format I immediately knew I needed them in print. I am happy happy happy to have my signed copies of the Pulse of Heroes 1 & 2 as well as Pulse Genesis to enjoy again & again! Now I just hope to convince AJ that we definitely need more of our lovely immortals & their families! I simply can't get enough, & I refuse to say goodbye!
That being said the ending was not what I expected at all & I must agree that some issues that arise in this book are not for everyone. If you are not a fan of emotional books then this may turn you or break you, but the best stories do that in many cases.
My reviews for:
Pulse of Heroes: Pt. 1
Of Blood & Pulse
A Sword For His Women
Divine Love In Time Of Storms

THE PULSE MYTHS SERIES 2012 BEST YA PARANORMAL SERIES! ~ Paranormal Reads

~ A. Jacob Sweeny ~
My novels are long and complex, sweet and intense. They are mysterious and suspenseful Find out why the magic for yourself.
I have been writing and storytelling ever since I was able to hold a pen. When I spent time working as a teacher with children of varying ages I was fascinated by the awesome power of words to excite and inspire the young mind. The art of Storytelling is what makes a good teacher great.
My degree in History with an emphasis on Ancient Near East, and my personal interest in world myths, combined with my fieldwork in archaeology have inspired my research and development of many elements in the story.
I also remember what it was like to be a girl myself and have often wanted to share my own thoughts, fears and dreams during that age with others. Books were essential to my development especially during my teenage years and helped me become the satisfied person that I am today.

THE EXPOSED AUTHOR
When I think of authors from the past I get this picture in my head of the recluse. The either beautiful fragile soul that cannot communicate with the rest of society unless it is through beauty of prose, or perhaps the other type of recluse, the one that had given up on society, bitter and cynical, throwing words of what they consider truth on top of everyone's heads. Whatever the case, the author of yesterday was rarely seen, and rarely heard from, unless they were in the very comfortable circles of people whom they considered good friends.
To a degree the author of yesteryears was held up on a pedestal of an untouchable, unreachable, almost like a mad scientist (albeit a word scientist), and at the same way that they were kept low, as dangerous, and perhaps a little crazy. Maybe it's all true. But I don't think that these types of labels only fit authors, they fit most of the artist community, and even the scholarly one. Yet the word "recluse" still stood out for authors; not anymore.
This proudly worn title is no longer appropriate for us "authors." Society has voted and society wants free information; about everyone, including the people who weave the stories you love to read. Social media has exploded and continues to grow. With a press of one button anyone can reach the far corners of the world to see what people are doing, reading and writing about everywhere.
These days many readers want to reach the author. Whether be it for praise, a literary beating, a question, or just plain curiosity; we are now on display whether we like it or not. Our faces, our personas now present the books we write. It's no longer just the book cover. There is no more hiding in dark caves. You are either a hypocrite or you're not, based on what you write and what you say in public. I remember when that type of labeling was more for people in the performing arts, but perhaps authors have crossed over?
So what do we do? Well, at least for me the switch has been smooth. I am pretty much an open book; I have no dark secrets to hide, but there is a limitation to how much private information I am willing to share. I also happen to be fond of people in general and find a connection with most people I meet. For some, these social skill maybe outside their reach, maybe even just plain uncomfortable, but I don't see things turning back to the way they used to be. So I head straight on and introduce myself with a smile:
Here I am. A. Jacob Sweeny, author of an amazingly suspenseful, romantic, paranormal, and historical adventures... want to go on my ride?

Stalker Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment