Monday, September 1, 2014

EL-204 ~ Review

EL-204 by Lucian Barnes
Releasing October 2014
For Jason Lambert, a prominent M.I.T. geneticist, fear of natural death has become a thing of distant memories. His latest concoction has, in a sense, increased his longevity and made him nearly immortal.Over the past one hundred years, the technological advances of medical science have rendered the deadliest diseases of the twentieth century insignificant. Cancer, heart disease, and AIDS are no longer a death sentence. Serums have been developed to eradicate the problematic cells and their growth.When he meets a beautiful woman, his world is turned upside down. Add to this the government's sudden interest in his research, and things begin to spiral out of control. We all know what happens when the military gets involved. Greed takes over, and ethics are pushed to their boundaries. Will Jason be able to juggle his responsibilities without compromising his integrity, or will his experiments lead to the evolution of a new breed of monster?
Another talented work of art from Kate Cowen.  
The cover of EL-204 by Lucian Barnes. Coming this fall to you from Anchor Group Publishing.  
Creepy, Gory, Experimental Conspiracy Theory ... Not a Romance, August 26, 2014
Barnes delivers once again! EL-204 is a government/military conspiracy waiting to happen...or so I thought. There's a lot going on in this story & my brain opted to go with what was most likely, but I should have known better since Lucian has told us time & time again that he would never write a romance novel. Soon after the main characters' relationship takes off hidden issues, deception, & rage are revealed. And then ... in true Lucian Barnes style, the gruesome fun begins.

My best description would be a science experiment gone awry (think a mix of Frankenstein & Re-Animator) with a splash of military & government conspiracy added in and a very small dash of love gone crazy.

This was not my favorite piece by Lucian, but still a very good read. Blame my sentimental nature I just did not feel as attached to these characters as I have in his previous works (and I've read them all). However as the story developed I find they too developed more & more. If not for the need of sleep I would have read this in one sitting. BTW...The ending was a shocker & very well played, as usual! 



Pre-Order EL-204 on ‪Amazon!
~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~

The Desolace Series & other works by Lucian Barnes
 
Look for them on Amazon!
Desolace ~ Free!



  & 
 
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/5761611.Lucian_Barnes

  ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~
My Reviews for:
~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~   ~
~ Lucian Barnes ~
I spent most of my youth in rural Ohio and began writing stories at an early age. Many of these early attempts at story-telling were inspired by mysteries, such as those found in the old Hardy Boys books and the cartoon antics of Scooby Doo. As I entered my teenage years I began to drift away from writing stories, instead picking up my pencil to compose lyrics for heavy metal songs because my new dream was to become a musician. That vision remained hopeful for many years after my high school graduation, but like most dreams of this nature it died out as I became older.

After working several menial jobs through the years that followed, my thoughts again began to turn toward writing books. Inspired by my favorite author, Stephen King, I took an online creative writing course and slowly began to develop my skills. In late 2010 I was given a violent shove, both by the job market (which was horrible to say the least, and still is) and by the persistent encouragement of close friends, to pick up my pen and begin writing again.

In early 2012 I gave birth (that's almost what it felt like) to my very first published book, Desolace. Finally having a completed novel in my hand was the best feeling in the world for me, giving me a sense of accomplishment I had waited a lifetime for. Since then it has gotten easier for me with each book I have published. Since the initial release of Desolace two more of my novels have been published and another has just been completed. This last work is the first book I've written outside of the Desolace Series, an occult horror novel titled Destined for Darkness. Also in production is my current novel, City of the Dead, which will be the fourth installment of the Desolace Series and is projected to be released in September of 2013.


Twitter @LucianBarnes

No comments:

Post a Comment