Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Blood Moon ~ Review

 Blood Moon by K.B. Miller 
(A Moon Coven Series Novella)
  Blurb 
The Vampires have declared war on the Moon Coven ...
You would think that would be Leeny Moon’s biggest trouble this time aroundebooks, books, but two jealous guys make the horde of hungry vampires gunning for the powerful witch seem like a day at the park.

Leeny has embraced her birthright. She is next in line to lead the coveted Moon coven. Out of fear of history repeating itself, Leeny made her first kill, and for the last three years her sole mission has been to drive the vampires out of Ireland. With the help of neighboring covens she is not alone in her pursuit.

However, the close friendship developing between Finn O’Donnell and Leeny is causing a problem in her budding relationship with Seamus McNamara.

The future is up in the air as the creatures from her nightmares invade the tiny fishing town of Galway Bay, Ireland ... again. The revenge they seek is simple─Leeny’s blood. Who will survive the war on this Blood Moon?
~   *   ~   *  ~   *  ~

My Review
5 Stars
So Intense! So worth the wait! April 16, 2014
I am over the moon happy to finally have this book on my Kindle! I have adored this series from the start, & anticipated the release of Blood Moon since the day I finished Harvest Moon. From the moment I hit download I couldn't put it down once.
Just so you know...Haunted Moon, Compulsion, & Harvest Moon were all terrific...but Blood Moon knocked them all out of the park!!!! This was so intense & brought out fears I hadn't yet realized I had for these characters.
Witches hunting vampires ... vampires hunting witches ... who do you think will win? Oh...and then we get the brogadhs! They are the perfect new edition & quite yummy as well! I'm literally drooling over these kilt wearing wolf-men!!
Are you ready? The Moon Coven's journey is only getting better from here, of this I am sure! K.B. Miller has proven that by surpassing the awesomeness of each book she has with the next. Must. Have. More.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18104826-uh-oh-we-turned-our-brother-into-a-zombie?from_search=true

Purchase Links:
Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Smashwords, iBooks, & Kobo

Excerpt from Blood Moon
October 1, 1950  
My dreams were haunted with the reality of what is waiting on the horizon for us. We knew they would seek revenge sooner or later. Of course, we were hoping for the latter. The vampires have begun infesting the surrounding areas. My best friend, Finn brought word this morning that London has seen at least three dozen victims. The humans are oblivious as to the cause of the violence. The newspapers talk about the possibility of a wild animal on the loose. As I said before, oblivious. 

Colleen and I each killed three of the abominations before returning last night. I enjoyed the time hunting with my sister. She has grown so much as a witch since her initiation. Her tracking skills are top notch. She reminds me of Ma. I watched as she baited the Barna Woods just east of Rusheen Bay with her blood. She and I took positions in neighboring trees. The foul beasts appeared almost immediately. We made easy work of them. 

Since Da’s death last year, we’ve had to take turns staying with Ma. He was one of the last confirmed cases of the bubonic plague in Ireland. His death hit all of us hard, but none more so than her. She’s turned her emotions off. We need her in her right mind with the threat of an impending war. Colleen took her to visit Aunt Fionna in an attempt to either get her to open up, or sadly cast a spell to silence the pain. 

Just before Da’s death, Seamus formally asked him if he could begin courting me. I don’t how I would have gotten through this without him. He’s extremely good with Isadora. She’s so young, and doesn’t understand what’s happening. Seamus helps me keep her occupied. I fear for them both. Isadora has little power and he is human. 

No matter how many I kill, it will never be enough. Not until the day I can finally say that every last one of the monstrosities my family created four centuries ago are no longer a threat to any man, woman, child, or witch. 

Blessed Be ~ Leeny
~   *   ~   *  ~   *  ~

To see all about K.B. Miller & her current works available stop by the 

No comments:

Post a Comment