Motocross Me by Cheyanne Young
Publication Date: June 4, 2013
When Hana Fisher moves to the small town of Mixon, Texas to live with her dad, she dreads having to work at the boring pile of dirt he fondly calls a motocross track. But when she gets there, she finds the rinky-dink dirt bike track from her childhood has grown into the most respected racing track in the state.
Now popular by association, Hana endures the pain and sweat of working in the summer heat in order to fit in with a sport she’s growing to love. She gets a real family, a best friend and not just one, but two of the fastest racers trying to win her heart.
When Hana abuses her status as the track owner’s daughter to help the gorgeous Ryan Russo cheat in the biggest race of the year, she risks more than just losing her job. Every good thing in her life is at stake now- her friends, her dad’s trust, and Ash Carter- the kind-hearted racer who may not be as alluring as Ryan, but is proof that nice guys don’t always finish last.
Playlist for MOTOCROSS ME by Cheyanne Young
- Cruise – Florida Georgia Line
- Hey Stephen by Taylor Swift (This song reminds me of how Hana chases after Ryan.)
- Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want – The Smiths
- Your Love Is My Drug – Kesha
- Shake It – Metro Station (A good hanging out at the motocross track song)
- All Your Life – The Band Perry (The line about fireflies inspired the firefly scene with Ash <3 font="">3>
- Saying Sorry – Hawthorne Heights
- The Highway Don’t Care – Tim McGraw & Taylor Swift (Her going away to college song)
- That’s What I’m Here for – Jason Castro (This song is for the last chapter)
- We Will Rock You by Queen – The perfect racing song. We used to listen to this while driving to the motocross track every Sunday
- Let it Rock by Kevin Rudolf – A great pump-up song before the races.
- The Distance by Cake – Another great song about racing.
- All Your Life – The Band Perry – The line about fireflies inspired the firefly scene with Ash <3 font="">3>
- Sweet Medicine – Jason Castro
Cheyanne is a native Texan with a fear of cold weather and a coffee addiction that probably needs an intervention. She loves books, sarcasm, nail polish and paid holidays. She lives near the beach with her family, one spoiled rotten puppy and a cat that is plotting to take over the world, one scratched up welcome mat at a time.
She’s a cubicle dweller and all around sarcastic weirdo by day. But at night, Cheyanne can be found furiously typing on her computer, probably complaining on Twitter about how she should be writing. When she’s not honing her procrastination skills, she’s writing books for teenagers. She is the author of several books for teens and recently turned her love of superheroes and writing for teens into books about teenage superheroes. POWERED is her first superhero book but it won’t be her last. Because POWERED is a trilogy. Duh.
Want to get an email when my next book is released?
Sign up here: https://tinyletter.com/CheyanneYoung