Thursday, January 2, 2014

The Things We Can't Change: Part 3 ~ Review

The Things We Can't Change 
Part Three: The Healing
  September 24, 2013

Blurb:
Devastated by the loss of her father, Evie is floundering, drowning, and reaching out desperately for a lifeline – and finding absolutely nothing to cling to.

Still unable to come to terms with the death of his sister, Zeke is going on mindlessly, with no thought of tomorrow, only living in the now and trying furiously to bury and deny his emotions.

Two people who have both lost and suffered so much can only ignore each other’s pain for so long before seeing the similarities in what they are feeling. As Evie clings to Zeke as the one thing that makes her feel safe and grounded, Zeke can’t deny that she’s the one person who makes him feel – and feel emotions that he’s not sure he wants to push away.

Against both their better judgment and wishes, Evie and Zeke begin sharing their problems and grief, and they discover things that startle both of them; understanding. Empathy. Affinity. Compassion. And maybe, if they are willing to dig deep enough and try hard enough and trust enough, the most important thing of all.

Healing.

           ~            ~           ~          ~
 My Review:
 5 stars 
 READ THIS SERIES! January 2, 2014
This Book ... scratch that ... This Series is so INTENSE! Each section of this series has me more in love than the last! I have said this repeatedly & I shall continue ... I believe every teen & woman should read this series! It is a powerful roller coaster of emotions, but it is truly intense & so worth the ride! I can honestly say this has been one of the few series that has brought me to tears & I will still re-read it again & again. While it does deal with very important subjects & may not be appropriate for everyone; it is the way that Kassandra approaches them using her unique skills to express them without taking us to that darkest of dark place that makes me applaud her again & again. She masterfully held my attention through each page of the book knowing there would be begging for more as soon as I hit the last. I love that she gets us to the edge & flawlessly snaps us back making us realize there is always hope & a reason to continue on our path. BRAVO! I can't wait for the next part to this series!

           ~            ~           ~          ~
Other books in this series: 
Add these to your Goodreads today! 
My Reviews for Part 1 & Part 2.
Part One: The Prologue
Blurb:
Ezekiel Quain has learned over the years that love and family are nothing to be depended on. After standing strong next to his mom through her cancer, she ran off, leaving Zeke, his dad and little sister to struggle with the leftover medical bills, and a bad taste in Zeke’s mouth about counting on anybody. His relationship with his father is strained, and the only person he cares for is his little sister, Cindy. With looks, attitude, and words, Zeke keeps everyone at arm’s length.

Evangeline Parker has it all: money, beauty, brains, and the
perfect boyfriend, Tony. What everyone doesn’t see is that she’s trapped, and has been for two years. She lives every day in fear, hiding the fact that Tony isn’t the perfect man everyone thinks that he is. She walks a tightrope, trying to reconcile the Tony of the past with the Tony of the present, and to never, ever upset him. Terrified of anyone finding out the truth, she doesn’t get too close to anyone and has been struggling through the past two years alone.

When Zeke stumbles upon Tony and Evie one night and learns of her secret, their worlds begin to collide in a way neither of them expected. Before he can stop himself, Zeke finds himself stepping uninvited into Evie’s life, and urges her to tell someone. Evie refuses, terrified of the repercussions from Tony. Not even sure why he cares, Zeke can only watch from a distance, until disaster strikes and Evie’s secret comes to light, and they are both forced to take action.
Photo: Your first official TTWCC teaser! :]


The Things we can't change Part One:The Prologue will be 100% FREE all the time!





           ~            ~           ~          ~

Part Two: The Struggle
Blurb:
Evie and Zeke just want to forget.

Now that her secret is out and Tony is unable to come near her, Evie just wants to heal and move on. But with Tony’s last words embedded in her brain and guilt dominating her mind, she’s finding it hard to release the hold Tony still seems to have over her. She’s getting worse, sinking deeper, and no one seems able to help.

Zeke wants to forget it all and not feel a thing. After Cindy’s accident, his resolve to care for nothing and no one is stronger than ever. Desperate to separate himself and escape feeling, he’s thrown himself into the bad crowd he always used to avoid sinking into, doing more smoking and drinking and graffiti than ever. But nothing seems to stop the nightmares.

When Zeke goes too far and is caught, Evie’s dad is able to step in and offer a deal to repay Zeke for saving Evie; go to juvie, or work all summer for the Parkers. Seeing anything as better than juvie, Zeke agrees to work for the Parkers. What he didn’t count on was the close proximity to Evie, the only person who seems to give him feelings that he’s not sure he wants to push away. What Evie didn’t count on was Zeke still being the only person aside from her dad who makes her feel safe.
 Get your copy of TTWCC: Part 2  HERE!



           ~            ~           ~          ~
About this author:
Welcome :]
Third person feels.... impersonal, so lezz just keep it real ;]

My name is Kassandra, one of the few rare gems who spell the name with a K. I like to read, write, and lay in the sun. Since I live in sunny Florida, I'm usually doing all three at once. I dream of returning to my hometown, Columbus, Ohio, but in the meantime I make do with placing most of my stories there. I come from a huge family dominated with girls and have a dopey, mostly-Black-Lab dog named Phineas. I tend to like fictional men better than real ones, and sometimes it's quite the hassle trying to keep up with all my book-relationships ;] Someday, though, I'm sure true love will strike me down, but until then, I'll share all my book boyfriends with you.

They can be found in all my novels, and I hope I speak the truth when I say I have a little something for everyone; mystery, romance, paranormal, real-life, drama and epicness. You can find information about my past, present, and forthcoming books in both my blog and Facebook links. I absolutely love to hear from readers, so be sure to drop me a line so I can thank you personally.

I'll leave you to read now, but welcome to my world; a place where true love exists, everyone gets a happy ending, magic is real, God is love, and it's perfectly acceptable to skip sleep, food, and company in order to finish that last chapter.

Oh, and the men are extremely good looking ;]
~ Kassandra

           ~            ~           ~          ~
Stalker Links: 
Amazon, Facebook, & Goodreads 

No comments:

Post a Comment